|
||
|
about this blog
You should know that this is the refuge of an abstract writer.Enjoy your short stay here; don't be too baffled. tagboard
affiliates
Cassandra | Casmine | Cheryl | Hui Ling | Hui Shan | Janice | Jean | Jun Wei | Kay Hwee | Michelle | Min Ying | Rachel | Russell | Shi Ping | Si Ying | Ting Hui | Yu Jia | Yun Jin | Yi Jia | credits
Design: doughnutcrazyIcon: mushroombox |
Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson went on a camping trip. They spent a pleasant day walking in the foothills of the Austrian Alps, and when it got dark, they pitched their tent in a sheltered spot. Dining well on rabbit stew and a bottl of red wine, they both fell asleep well before midnight. Holmes woke a few hours later in the small hours of the morning, grunted and nudged his sleeping companion. "Watson," he said, "quickly, look up atthe sky and tell me what you see." Watson struggled awake. "I see stars, Holmes." he replied, "Untold numbers of stars." "And what does that tell you, Watson?" asked Holmes. Watson thought for a moment. "Well, Holmes, I deduce from the pale pink light on those clouds that we are in for some good weather this morning. It tells me that there are uncounted stars and galaxies and perhaps thousands of planets. I would guess that the odds are very much against the theory that we are alone in the galaxy. And I look up and feel humble, for I see God's work in the night sky. What does it tell you?" "Watson, you fool!" shouted Holmes, "Somebody has stolen our tent!" Moral of the Story: Sometimes, life is as simple as it looks. From Extraordinary Solutions to Everyday Problems I thought it was kinda funny. Funny how people tend to overcomplicate things. Even fictional characters do that too. |