|
||
|
about this blog
You should know that this is the refuge of an abstract writer.Enjoy your short stay here; don't be too baffled. tagboard
affiliates
Cassandra | Casmine | Cheryl | Hui Ling | Hui Shan | Janice | Jean | Jun Wei | Kay Hwee | Michelle | Min Ying | Rachel | Russell | Shi Ping | Si Ying | Ting Hui | Yu Jia | Yun Jin | Yi Jia | credits
Design: doughnutcrazyIcon: mushroombox |
Ok. I think I'm ready to talk about comp. In a rational way. Ok. Let's start. As you all know, last saturday was our first comp. Also my first competition. But that's not important =) So we went there early. Too early until we polished our boots outside the school. I presume we must have looked insane. Then... time flew when changing into our brigade. Li Hui can be a professional hair-tyer! =D Ok. I'll cut straight to the first component: First Aid a.k.a. Prac Case Horrendous. They defied the trend!!! Which had me ending up doing CPR The moment I reached the guy. Wonderful. Just my luck =) The simulation was.... Unrealistic? The penetrating CHEST wound was just a slab of plasticine, coloured red,with some egg shell, slapped onto his ABDOMEN!!! I mean like. He's a guy. Oh and I didn't know he had a burnt face. Possibly burns to the airway. Which should have made me down when I blew. What was so INFURIATING was that That mdm didnt utter a single thing about it until Hui Shan asked if got pale dry lips. Grrr... I think that cost a lot. So basically the verdict was: Horrendous. And that sir scolded our seniors along with us. Personal grade: Could have done better. Ok... Since we basically screwed Prac, We just had to rely on Footdrill and Nursing to help us. But that was not to be. We got called for footdrill soon after we had finished the Toberlone which Siti kindly gave us =) That kind of dulled the hunger. On to footdrill! I went off-key >_< Not once. Not twice. Many times. Eek. Most fatal mistake: Bouncing Well at least all bounced So at most the sir will think standardised =) Not much mistakes =) Then lunch came. Chicken chop. I didnt have much of an appetite for once since I was having a stomachache. Not because I don't like Western food. Ok I don't. But that's not the point. So had to let good food go to waste =( Soon afterwards Nursing came We were the second last team. I shall list out the fatal mistakes made by me: ~Failure to explain what was happening ~Failure to talk,resulting in awkward lapses of silence ~Failure to check the medication, especially since it was right in front of me. ~Failure to be alert, resulting in lack of apparatus in tube feeding. ~Failure to advise, resulting in a big fat zero. There's plenty more What's the worst is the many zeros I scored. So much that I had to look away. So much that I couldn't control myself in the holding room. So much that I can't forget So much that I decided... To force that autistic mouth of mine to open To write out some notes And to add new things to talk about Finally came the prize ceremony. At first, I think we were emotionless since we all expected it. So we did fine until the actual scores came out. As I've said before... We lost by a stinking 1.6 mark We missed the 3rd place lah. Grrrrrrrr Thats when tears started flowing. Ok. I don't know the actual thing since I was trying to get some air. Which resulted in a white beret and elbows. I admit that I was brooding. But I merely got my eyes a tad watery. Until I went back. That's when we started the waterfall. The interwining waterfall. Yes, we hugged each other and cried. But I wasn't the one who cried the most!!!! So they were comforting the wrong person. And a certain mdm said that the ones who cry the most are always The numbers three and four How apt. Oh and I think that our team is made up of a variety compared to other teams. And if you all don't want me to go alone then I shan't =) And yes, I did brood for a few days. But the eternal optimist struck back =) So wait till next year pals. Determination will prevail! |